UC MA,LPN, or EMT full time or part time
Commensurate with experience
AFC Urgent Care and Family Care is looking for highly trained and experienced caregivers to passionately care for patients and work well on a physician-led team. Whether you are full-time or part-time, you will have access to state-of-the-art equipment for patient care, as well as a diverse patient base and an interesting diversity of patient issues.
A successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Escort patients to Triage Room.
- Take Vital Signs.
- Document patient data including medical history.
- Administer injections as directed.
Become certified in administering all lab test and documenting lab standards, including:
- Draw blood samples.
- Collect urine samples.
- Execute DOT and non-DOT Drug Screens.
- Execute spirometer tests.
- Execute BAT test.
- Execute any additional lab test that may be required (CBC, strep test, flu test, etc.).
- Maintain lab controls.
- Direct patient to available exam room and ensure room is set up based on initial patient complaint.
- Assist provider with patient care when requested.
- Set IVs when necessary.
- Discharge patients from room with instructions.
- Clean room after each patient.
- Ensure patient flow is speedy and organized.
- Replenish inventory supplies as needed.
- Assist in maintenance of equipment.
- Ensure cleanliness of patient waiting area, bathrooms, front office area, and exam rooms.
- Perform general office clean up at end of the day or shift.
Minimum 1-year experience in medical office setting.
Professional appearance at all times.
Warm and friendly attitude with excellent patient interaction skills.
Excellent verbal and communication skills
Adaptable in differing situations.
Able to multi-task and work independently.
Must be flexible with hours/shifts.
Must be able to work weekends and 12-hour shifts.
Associates Degree/Certification, or cumulative experience.
Experience in Occupational Health including Worker’s Comp.
Bi-lingual in Spanish/English.